viernes, 12 de marzo de 2010

Alberto Contador, winner of two Tour de France, is presented as a clear favorite and a "good form" to the Paris-Nice,

Alberto Contador, winner of two Tour de France, is presented as a clear favorite and a "good form" to the Paris-Nice, a race that is held from 7 to 14 this month and may offer a Spanish duel, with the presence of Alejandro Valverde, winner of the Vuelta, and Luis Leon Sanchez.

Counter returns to France after his victory in the Tour 2009, and does so in a trial that has already won in 2007, representing a special motivation for the cyclist from Madrid.

"I get in a good shape, although I have little work after the Tour of the Algarve. I spent a cold, I think because of the rain that we suffered in Portugal, but nevertheless I think I'm at a good time way, "said the leader of Astana.

Arrived in a good shape, although I have little work after the Tour of the Algarve

Counter-rested "a little longer than anticipated" after the Portuguese test "because it was a tough back and also because of the cold" and therefore can not assess whether it is better or worse than before the Tour of the Algarve.

The first Spanish winner of the Tour, Giro and Vuelta suffered a "slut" monumental in the last edition of Paris-Nice, so he missed the victory. In 2010 it presented no desire for revenge.

"No, I do not want revenge. That was a very valuable experience that helped me to know that nothing can not be neglected and must be watching the race with coldness. It took the victory in 2009, yes, but I had an experience important, "he said.

However, Contador is clear that with the Astana team's intention is to fight for victory, "although it is very difficult to win and there are very strong runners and are more pebbles than I, as Leon and Luis Valverde, who have more days of competition . The goal, in any case, be there, "he said.

On the list of bookmarks, Contador finds that there are runners at this stage of the season is over it.

Corridors above it

"There are brokers who think they're better than me, as Leon and Luis Valverde. Alexander already knows how to win at the Tour of the Mediterranean and has also been in Australia and Almeria. At the beginning of the year was very noticeable more days of competition . But in a race like Paris-Nice on fan favorites in very broad. They are also Samuel Sanchez, Frank Schleck, Sandy Casar and Chavanel among many, "he said.

There are runners who think they're better than me, as Leon and Luis Valverde

Pinto rider agreed with the route of the Paris-Nice.

"It's a good ride, but the difference is that the arrival on high, in Mende, is short and very explosive. I got in 2007 and the differences were minimal. This year's victory will be decided by a few seconds and bonuses will probably important. The last three days of mountain will be very difficult to control, as always in Paris-Nice. The podium will be decided by very little, "he said.

For the initial trial on Sunday, Contador expects to have his new bike for this specialty. "

"It still has not reached the United States, but arrive on time and I do my best lap time. The route has hills, is 8 kilometers fairly flat, but still hope to be with the front. Last year I got the victory, but I think this year is the same level, "he concluded.

No hay comentarios: